Sunday, August 20, 2006

Assumption 2006: Photo Post 9

All photos in this post are the courtesy of parishioner, Jeff Williams.

Benediction in the Grotto

I'm weaving today's Gospel reading into this post, which is so appropriate for photographs dealing with the Eucharist.

John 6:41-51
41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, "I am the bread which came down from heaven."
42 They said, "Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does he now say, `I have come down from heaven'?"




43 Jesus answered them, "Do not murmur among yourselves.
44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.




45 It is written in the prophets, `And they shall all be taught by God.' Every one who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me.
46 Not that any one has seen the Father except him who is from God; he has seen the Father.




47 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.
48 I am the bread of life.




49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.
50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that a man may eat of it and not die.




51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh."



Read about Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament in the Catholic Encyclopedia


MORE ASSUMPTION 2006 PHOTOS

Assumption 2006: Introductory Photo Post

Assumption 2006: Photo Post 1
Assumption 2006: Photo Post 2
Assumption 2006: Photo Post 3
Assumption 2006: Photo Post 4
Assumption 2006: Photo Post 5
Assumption 2006: Photo Post 6
Assumption 2006: Photo Post 7
Assumption 2006: Photo Post 8

Assumption 2005 Collection

Home