Thursday, August 24, 2006

Cardinal Arinze Interview: Ecclesia de Eucharistia



Watch this video of Cardinal Arinze being interviewed. It was uploaded to YouTube in March of 2006, and the Cardinal answers questions early on about worthy reception of Holy Communion. I have not had a chance to watch the entire 22 minutes, but will likely do so when I'm done posting!

EDIT: Ok, I listened to it while I was working nearby. Wow! His Eminence packs a lot into a 22 minute video. He is very frank in his comments about high percentages of Catholics not using Sacramental Confession, but 99% of people assisting at Mass heading up to Communion being a great concern. He also gets into the politician issue and Communion, followed by very straightforward comments about abortion and life. I'll probably listen to it again to see what I did not catch. It seems to me that this dialogue may be in writing on the web, but there is nothing like seeing his facial expressions, and hearing the tone of his voice in his responses.

The video also appears on the website dedicated to Cardinal Arinze Podcasting: Family Land where it probably originated on this page (scroll to the bottom). There is also an icon in my sidebar that will take you there - the big orange one with Arinze on it!

For those who may have missed my previous post on the subject, Cardinal Arinze, who is the Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship, will be in metro-Detroit September 30. You must reserve your seat by September 15th so act quickly.

Visit the Holy Trinity Apostolate home page for details!