Friday, June 23, 2006

Corpus Christi 2006 - Photos from Grotto - Post 6

This is the final post in a series of six, bringing you photos of Corpus Christi procession at Assumption Grotto in Detroit. I may occassionally bring in a bonus photo. Along with the Easter Season 2006 Photo Disk, I will make one available of Corpus Christi and Memorial Day through the Assumption Grotto Giftshop and Cafe. As predicted, there are just over 100 photos of this event alone in the final collection.

You can really see in some of these later pictures how the wind was kicking up. There was an 80% chance of thundershowers, and some places got hit very hard, but we were free to process without any such disturbance.


Jesus heading towards the Church


If you wonder how there can be prayers said and songs sung in unison with hundreds of people outdoors - here you go: Two guys and two remote speakers, strategically positioned as we moved from altar to altar. Thanks guys!

Jesus enters the Church!



These next two are really dark, but I did not have a remote cable to take without flash. I use no flash during Mass, but I snuck a few off with it since it was not a Mass, and since it would have been totally impossible without a fixed tripod and cable snapper.


Psalm 62: 2-3

O God, my God, to thee do I watch at break of day. For thee my soul hath thirsted; for thee my flesh, O how many ways! 3 In a desert land, and where there is no way, and no water: so in the sanctuary have I come before thee, to see thy power and thy glory.





Corpus Christi 2006 Post 1

Corpus Christi 2006 Post 2

Corpus Christi 2006 Post 3

Corpus Christi 2006 Post 4

Corpus Christi 2006 Post 5