Thursday, January 1, 2009

Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God

Madonna and Child with Cherubs, c. 1650, Giovanni Battista Salvi, called Il Sassoferrato (Italian, 1605-1685), Oil on Canvas

With so little time (it's 3:42 am) I leave you with some excellent material by those who truly are qualified to speak on the subject, the Mother of God.


"Song of Angels" by William August Bouguereau

EDIT: 4:30am.....the Mass for the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God is well underway in the Vatican where Pope Benedict XVI is delivering his homily.



The homily should be available in text soon.

The Holy Father is doing the Eucharistic Prayer in Latin. I don't know if this is common for him or not, but I like it, as I am accustomed to it. It's pretty cool when you can switch on a TV and hear the Pope and know what he is praying because you are exposed to it weekly or daily already. I don't know Latin, but I have read the prayers on the facing page enough times that I recognize certain Latin expressions.

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!