Saturday, February 11, 2012

Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes


Today is the feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.  Take some time today to click through the website from Lourdes, France, and specifically - read the messages.  This page will take you to an account of each of the apparitions and messages.  Use the sidebar to navigate the site.  They have a provision for webcams too, so if you tune in later you may be able to watch the candlelight procession. 

O ever-Immaculate Virgin, Mother of Mercy,
health of the sick, refuge of sinners,
comforter of the afflicted,
you know my wants, my troubles, my sufferings;
look with mercy on me.

By appearing in the Grotto of Lourdes,
you were pleased to make it a privileged sanctuary,
whence you dispense your favors;
and already many sufferers have obtained
the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and corporal.

I come, therefore, with complete confidence
to implore your maternal intercession.

Obtain, O loving Mother, the grant of my requests.
Through gratitude for your favors,
I will endeavor to imitate your virtues,
that I may one day share your glory. Amen.
Today is also world day of the sick.  Go to this page at the Vatican to read the Holy Father's message for 2012 in one of many languages.

For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!
Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.