Monday, December 18, 2006

Gaudette Sunday - Rose Vestments

Only two days yearly will you see rose vestments, depending on whether your parish engages in this tradition. I had my camera with me yesterday and had wanted to capture photos of Gaudete Sunday - the third Sunday in Advent, along with Laetare Sunday in Lent when rose vestements are worn again. I leave you with two photos that need no explanation for those who believe. For those who don't understand, but would like to.

These are not photos of the Old Mass - the Tridentine, but of the Latin Novus Ordo as celebrated at the 9:30am liturgy at Assumption Grotto in Detroit, which comes with Gregorian Chant and sacred polyphony. The ad orientem posture is a legitimate posture even today. It is used almost exclusively at Assumption Grotto. In a previous post, I wrote a spiritual case in favor of this posture.

Here Fr. Perrone elevates the Body and Blood of Our Lord in front of the Seat of Wisdom statue, which is one of my favorites of all time.







The Fatima Angel Prayer

My God, I believe, I adore, I hope, I love You.
I ask forgiveness for those who do not believe,
nor adore, nor hope nor love you.

Oh Most Holy Trinity,
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
I adore Thee profoundly.
I offer Thee the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity
of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world,
in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and
indifferences by which He is offended.
By the infinite merits of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
and the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
I beg the conversion of poor sinners.
Amen.