Posts Since the December 8 Bulletin Board
- December 14: St. John of the Cross
- Magister: "Habemus Papam" 20 Months Later - a Portrait
- December 12: Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Bishop Releases Pastoral Letter on Pornography
- Pope's Address to Swiss Theologians (re-release)
- Letter from Cardinal Re on Call to Action Excommunications
Catholic Blogger Selections
- New Liturgical Movement:
- Shawn Tribe Reviews the book Cardinal Reflections: Active Participation and the Liturgy by Cardinals Arinze, George, Estevez, Pell. This will be in my library soon.
- Jeffrey Tucker talks briefly about the beauty of the Gregorian Chant used at Communion during Midnight Mass and has a link to an online recording of it.
- Me Monk. Me meander
- Fr. Stephanos, OSB gives us a list of how The Tide is Turning Toward's Catholicism - another new book bearing this title which became available December 12.
- Hermeneutic of Continuity
- Fr. Tim Finigan: A video of the Magnificat in Vespers at St. John Seminary, Wonersh
- Vivat Jesus
- Poor Clare Nuns of Phoenix are moving (this new convent sprung from the overfilled order of Mother Angelican in Alabama).
- Blogger discusses Ave Maria University's Sacred Music program and a job opening in this department. These kinds of jobs are rare to find for those talented in authentic sacred music. No guitar needed.
Selections from News and Online Magazines
- December 2006 edition of Adoremus is online
- CWNEWS (via EWTN News): Pope, Greek Orthodox Primate unite against secularism
- Zenit: List of Papal Christmas Season liturgical events
- Zenit: Pope Benedict and the 2nd Sunday of Advent Angelus - Church Building is a sign of Church Community
- Homiletic and Pastoral Review: Biblical Scholarship from a Pastoral Point of View
- Catholic Online: Vatican refuses to sign U.N. landmark convention over right of disabled unborn to life
- Life News: Support for Embryonic Stem Cell Research Down
- LifeSiteNews: Nativity Scene Stolen by Abortion Clinic Worker is Returned