Friday, April 8, 2011

Lenten Recipe: Simple, Stove-top Tuna Casserole


I'm sitting at my computer on a vacation day after having made something for lunch.  I also have no qualms about eating leftovers.

For those who do not know, I have a cooking blog to collect recipes.  It is called The Old Country Kitchen.  I have not written much there, but hope to keep building it.  I eventually want to begin adding some hierloom recipes of my mothers - hence the name, "Old Country". 

Mom use to make Tuna Casserole on the stove-top using simple ingredients, mostly out of a can.  While I generally avoid using processed foods, especially out of a can, this is one meal I continue to make. It is an economical Friday meal. 

You can find the recipe, and suggestions for variations here: Simple, Quick Stovetop Tuna Casserole

It will be a great lunch, but I won't be eating this for dinner tonight because I'm going to Grotto to enjoy a "Lenten Monastic Supper" as I listen to Fr. Perrone's talk.  I just posted last night, audio from Fr. Perrone's talk on the Annunciation, which fell on Friday two weeks ago.  I just uploaded it last night.  Join us at Grotto for a Monastic Supper of soup, cheese, bread and a piece of fruit.  Doors open at 4:30 and Fr. Perrone talks at 6:00.  Stations of the Cross led by Fr. Perrone begin at 7:00 pm, then Mass using the 1962 Missal begins after that, around 7:25, give or take 5 minutes.  The Holy Rosary is prayed after all Masses.






For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!
Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.