Thursday, April 7, 2011

Audio: Fr. Perrone's Talk on the Annunciation (from Lenten Monastic Supper)




I am behind on uploading audio from Fr. Perrone's "Lenten Monastic Reflections".

This talk on the Annunciation was given on the Solemnity of the Annunciation, March 25th which fell on a Friday this Lent. Listen to him talk (approximately 42 minutes) about the Blessed Virgin Mary. I think you will agree that Fr. Perrone's grasp of the subject is deep.

I regret that the quality is lacking, with some echo. Last Friday's talk, which I hope to upload soon (on the Exodus), was recorded through the sound system, so I hope that will be better.

Father gave me permission to upload this. I have enabled downloading for those of you with MP3 players. Assume this to be copyrighted material and treat it as such. It is for personal use. Sometime in the not too distant future, I hope to begin podcasting these for ease of use.

I hope you will join us at Assumption Grotto tomorrow evening for a "monastic meal" of soup (3 choices - and quite good), cheese, bread, and a piece of fruit. You may eat earlier (doors open at 4:30 and it runs until 6:30), or you can eat as Father talks. The reflection begins at 6:00pm in the gym.

As you are listening, scroll down to see several other posts made today with time sensitive information.







Just a reminder.... this Sunday, following the Noon Mass, the family of Terry Schiavo will be at Assumption Grotto to talk on "Overcoming Suffering".  Please join us.  More details on their visit here.




For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!
Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.