Friday, May 2, 2008

Blessed Damien and a Catholic Mom in Hawaii


It seems that sainthood causes (scroll) are in the news much these days. Yet another piece of news that a miracle has been attributed to Blessed Damien of Molokai, the "leper priest". I was captivated by his story when I was quite young and had a book on him which I still have. I will put it on my nighttime reading list again.




I'm going to send you to the best possible blog for news on Blessed Damien - A Catholic Mom in Hawaii, who has a post up entitled: Blessed Damien heads closer to sainthood. You'll see a beautiful prayer Esther keeps in her sidebar if you scroll down from her homepage.

Edit May 5, 2008: Rocco at Whispers in the Loggia has a post up on Damien of Molokai, as well.

It's a great blog overall. Along her sidebar are tributes to other great priests like Fr. Hardon, and Fr. Peyton and Archbishop Sheen. Catholic moms will like A Catholic Mom in Hawaii, as will homeschooling families. While it has many homeschooling links, posts and resources, don't avoid it if you are not a homeschooling family. It's just a fine Catholic blog. Some recent posts I enjoyed:

PARENTS, 54 UNIQUE BENEFITS OF HOMESCHOOLING

You might be hardcore Catholic if...

Virtuous Blogging (Esther comments on my new blog dedicated to virtuous blogging, while at the same time offering some thoughts herself which I found inspiring).

Book Recommendation - The Road to Hope by Cardinal Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan

Te Deum Laudamus! Home