Friday, May 2, 2008

Blessed Damien and a Catholic Mom in Hawaii

It seems that sainthood causes (scroll) are in the news much these days. Yet another piece of news that a miracle has been attributed to Blessed Damien of Molokai, the "leper priest". I was captivated by his story when I was quite young and had a book on him which I still have. I will put it on my nighttime reading list again.

I'm going to send you to the best possible blog for news on Blessed Damien - A Catholic Mom in Hawaii, who has a post up entitled: Blessed Damien heads closer to sainthood. You'll see a beautiful prayer Esther keeps in her sidebar if you scroll down from her homepage.

Edit May 5, 2008: Rocco at Whispers in the Loggia has a post up on Damien of Molokai, as well.

It's a great blog overall. Along her sidebar are tributes to other great priests like Fr. Hardon, and Fr. Peyton and Archbishop Sheen. Catholic moms will like A Catholic Mom in Hawaii, as will homeschooling families. While it has many homeschooling links, posts and resources, don't avoid it if you are not a homeschooling family. It's just a fine Catholic blog. Some recent posts I enjoyed:


You might be hardcore Catholic if...

Virtuous Blogging (Esther comments on my new blog dedicated to virtuous blogging, while at the same time offering some thoughts herself which I found inspiring).

Book Recommendation - The Road to Hope by Cardinal Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan

Te Deum Laudamus! Home