Sunday: Corpus Christi at Assumption Grotto
This video above was made ahead of last year's Corpus Christi, so the date at the end is no longer valid. Assumption Grotto will hold it's annual Corpus Christi Procession following the Noon orchestral Mass this Sunday. An Italian dinner will be available afterwards in the school gym for a free-will offering.
Saturday: Helpers of God's Precious Infants Vigil
Also, this Saturday is the Helper's of God's Precious Infants Prayer Vigil. See more in this post: Detroit - Helpers Prayer Vigil with Msgr. Philip J. Reilly - founder of Helpers of God's Precious Infants. I have heard Monsignor Reilly speak and if you have ever been hesitant to do pro-life work, you will want to hear this priest speak. It has been several years since he has been to Detroit, so now is the time to attend. Teresa Tomeo interviewed Monsignor Reilly just yesterday and you can listen to the archived audio at Ave Maria Radio.
Tomorrow: Passio Domini at Grotto
This is also a good time to remind local readers about the Thursday night Passio Domini at Assumption Grotto which begins with Holy Mass at 7:00pm, and follows with Exposition, meditations and Rosary until 9:00pm. It is not a time that we look for something from God - like good feelings and consolations, but a time that we give ourselves entirely to God, for his sake, while meditating on his passion.
Today: Abp Carlson's Installation in St. Louis
One final note: Bishop Carlson, formerly of nearby Saginaw, is being installed this morning as the new Archbishop of St. Louis. The Archdiocese of St. Louis will be twittering, and is providing a live feed online of the installation (go to the diocesn website and scroll down for links to live video feed). I understand it will be broadcast on EWTN, as well. Tom Peters, the American Papist, is also Twittering from St. Louis during the installation.
- Nashville Dominican's Vocational Video
- Novena to the Sacred Heart begins today - Wednesday, June 10th
- Homily of Archbishop-elect Carlson on eve of his installation at Vespers
- USCCB's website for "Year for Priests"
- NC Register: 10 Reasons They Homeschool....
- Archbishop Vigneron of Detroit Elected to Lead the Univeristy Board of Trustees at CUA
- Coup in NY Senate may end bid to legalize gay, so-called, marriage
- Mexican Daycare Fire kills 40 children; hopsitalizes 33
- McCullough: Why Obama's Elementary Queering Must be Stopped
- Trinity Sunday
- Archdiocese of Detroit: Profiles on New Priests
- New Video of Bishop Schneider on his book, Dominus Est, and an update on the Karaganda cathedral, "Our Lady of Fatima"
- Assumption Grotto on Wikipedia
- Thursday Night Passio Domini, First Fridays, First Saturdays and the Two Hearts
- A bouquet of 700,000 prayers and Masses for 83 bishops
- Photos: First Mass of Rev. Charles White IV - Solemn High Mass - Pentecost 2009
- Video: 50 Year Old Cartoon - Capitalism vs Statism
- New Website for the Cause of Fr. John A. Hardon, SJ
Te Deum Laudamus! Home