Monday, June 29, 2009

With heartfelt thanks and gratitude to you all....

I just want to thank the many people who have been praying for me, my family, and my mother who passed away on June 17th. I also want to thank all of those who came to the funeral home and to the Mass.

Several people donated money for Mass intentions. This will go towards a set of Gregorian Masses (aka "Gregorian Thirty" for my mother, most likely at Clear Creek Monastery. These can run several hundred and I will make up the difference. I have long wanted to have a set celebrated for my father who passed away in 1991 His will be taken care of at the same time. They cannot be combined, but must be separate, and the Masses are exclusively for the dead.

I found nothing on the Clear Creek Monastery website, but found many sources online saying that the monks offer them. I will probably call today to inquire more about it (they have no email and will pass along more info later).

Through Clear Creek, the Masses will be offered in the extraordinary form. I was not seeking the "Tridentine" Mass per se, but a Benedictine source because it is where the tradition began. And, I am familiar with the monks of Clear Creek.


Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!