Today is Ash Wednesday, a day of fasting and abstinence for Catholics. Assumption Grotto's 7:00pm Mass will feature the choir, which normally rehearses on Wednesday night. As is typical in penitential seasons though, any and all music will be greatly subdued, with less organ.
- Fr. Perrone's Sermon for Quinquagesima Sunday (EF) - a great lead-in to Lent (he talks on ....gasp....concupiscence. No, Vatican II did not eliminate concupiscence.
- Double standard at The Tablet over "Hit and Run" article on Fr. Tim Finigan
- Archbishop Chaput on American Catholics and Obama
- SSPX Bishop Williamson Leaves Argentina for London
- Australia: Former High Court judge appointed to Father Peter Kennedy case
- The Tablet first goes after Fr. Tim with a hack-job, then goes after him for copyright infringement
- A Painting of St. Bernadette by a Grotto Parishioner and Recent Posts on Te Deum Laudamus!
A few things from the web:
- Bishop Martino Criticizes Misericordia Univeristy again for choice of speakers
- Georgetown U.'s Mary statue defaced, students respond with prayer vigil - AmP
- 'God Created Me a Deaf Person for His Glory,' Says Priest - CNA (note Abp Vigneron's involvement in this story)
- Father Roger Landry on Archbishop Dolan...
- Cardinal DiNardo promotes Bible-listening Lenten devotion - AmP
- QUAERITUR: changing words near the consecration - Fr. Z
- A convent dilemma - Fr. Z
- Pope Warns of Proliferation of "New Eugenics" - LSN
- PRO-ABORTION PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA'S APPROVAL RATINGS DROP TO NEW LOW (LifeNews)
Te Deum Laudamus! Home
The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!