Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blogroll Suspended for Time Being

I was getting emails from people telling me they were getting a malware warning that seemed to be related to Blogrolling - a third party feature in my blog sidebar which compiled many blogs.  This has happened before and is probably just an error of some kind.  Once I removed it from the blog, the problem ceased. I hope to be able to retrieve it after some time passes and it gets corrected.  If not, I'll have to build a new one from scratch and will be using the Blogger feature which now does this.  I had not updated the list in a long time and I do know that some had gone dormant or ceased to exist altogether.

I regret any inconvenience.

Te Deum Laudamus! Home
The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!
Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.

7 comments:

Nick said...

How weird. Maybe it was a glitch.

Jackie said...

What blogroll are you referring to? I am getting the same message and do I have to remove all my blogrolls? I have the Mothers online one on my blog and widgets in my tabs. Please get back to me cause I don't know what to do about it . thanks. Can you tell me if you are getting that message when you visit my blog? thanks again .

Matt said...

I had two that are now suspended. Who knew?!

Diane M. Korzeniewski, OCDS said...

This happened a few years ago with Blogrolling. I don't know if the fault is within it, or in the thing which is considering it malware.

All I know is that someone who could not visit my blog with the Blogroll active, can now visit without any problem.

I have long wanted to create an internal blog list using blogger tools. This just gives me another reason to do so. I still have my blogrolling account and can probably reference it. As i go one by one back through the sites, I'll find which ones are no longer active. I actually clicked on some not long ago that had been deleted.

Diane M. Korzeniewski, OCDS said...

Well, and I don't know about anyone else, but I've been having a terrible time with logging in to Blogger. No matter what computer I use, it requires me to sign in, even though I have the box checked to stay signed in. Then, it lets me post my own comments using my email address and password, but when I use the same to log into blogger, it just kicks me back to the log-in screen. That's been going on for a couple of weeks now and is getting annoying.

Nick said...

It might be your browser, Diane. I have Firefox and it happens to me sometimes.

Also, you should make a single blog and than put it up at the navigation menu.

Anyway, have a Pope-ful Sunday!

1389 said...

Here's what happened, and what to do about it:

What Happened to BlogRolling?