Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Light posting.....catching up on HUGE backlog

I would just like to convey to my readers that posting will be light for a few days. I have a backlog a mile long of things that need to get done. On top of that, I took Deacon Jim's Latin class and have been trying to get at least 45 minutes in each day.

My mother has not been well and with doctors appointments in the mix, something has to give. Please keep her in your prayers. She is suffering from an attack of gout and cannot really take anything for pain that won't make other things worse. Doctors are trying to get the swelling down and she is resting at home, but I'm not sure what the next few days will bring.

Anyway, there are some heavy news stories hitting the blogging rounds. I will still be checking in daily at a few regular places and would encourage you to do the same. I just may not get to post on these items, and as you have guessed, when I'm at work, I don't post. So, if I don't get to it early in the morning before I head over to 6:30am Mass, I don't get to it at night. Right now, all of my time is allocated.

If you want to keep up with all of the news on the SSPX story, I would encourage you to check Fr. Z's blog daily, and Rorate Coeli.

Here are some headlines from Fr. Z:

And, not related to the SSPX, by Fr. Z....

There is another developing story involving the Legionaries of Christ founder, Marcial Maciel. He was ordered into a life of prayer and penitence by the Holy Father without further explanation a few years ago, and died about a year ago. You can probably find all sorts of opinions on this matter on the web. I will say this much.....what the founder did, is not a reflection on the good men and women of LC and it's apostolate, Regnum Christi. Are there problems at the top, and in the LC organization that need attention? It sounds like there may very well be.

My advice: Go to adoration and pray for all who are affected or impacted by it, that those who are pure of heart, and genuinely following a vocation weather through this. Pray for those who have suffered through problems in the LC. I truly hope that Maciel repented before he died....

A few posts on this issue, from Tom Peters who has been all over this story, and with many updates:

For now, I'm off to go do some Latin. I don't know if I'll post tomorrow or not.

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!