I don't have time right now to post on it, and Fr. Z has called it out for what it is.
Go read: No matter what the Pope would do, it wouldn’t be enough for this lot
The unfortunate thing here is that most Catholics are getting catechized by the Detroit Free Press, the New York Times, and other secular sources who don't do their homework.
Related Posts by Fr. Z (a good go-to source for any news organization looking for proper perspective):
- “A breath of sanity in the storm”
- Reese piece
- The scapegoating of Card. Castrillon
- Jewish leader: “the full story has not been told”
- Rabbi comments on official Jewish reaction to the Pope
- Card. Kasper unhappy with the Pope, Reuters helps Fr. Reese whine
- US Catholic Congressmen write to Pope Benedict about SSPX
- Toronto’s Archbp. Collins on Pope Benedict and the SSPX
- More on Fr. Farinella: what he really wrote
- The seeping cracks are spliting open
- Boston Globe: Card. O’Malley on Pope Benedict, SSPX
- Observation of Prefect of Cong. for Bishops on SSPX excommunications
Te Deum Laudamus! Home
The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!