There has been an increase in violence against Catholics in that country. Cardinal Varkey Vithayathil, head of the bishops conference there, has called for a day of prayer and fasting in India - not just for Catholics, but for people of all faiths there. We ought to contribute as well.
Recent headlines tell the story:
- Bishop Dabre: stop fundamentalism with dialogue, following example of Mother Teresa (AsiaNews)
- Faithful killed, homes and churches burned, thousands flee: pogrom of Indian Christians (OVERVIEW) (Asia News)
- Orissa: Hindu extremists burn one nun alive, rape another (AsiaNews)
- Pontiff Asks for End to Violence in India (Zenit)
- Injured Priest Tells of Hindu-Extremist Attack (Zenit)
- Orissa: terror on Christmas Day as fundamentalists kill three people, set 13 Churches on fire (Asia News)
- Orissa: Christians hunted at Christmas, police fail to intervene (AsiaNews)
- Mother Teresa Successor: Disciples Needed in India (Zenit)
Te Deum Laudamus! Home
The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!