Monday, July 23, 2007

Photo Post 2: July 22, 2007 - A Butterfly in the Grotto Garden

I promised more photos from yesterday, which was a splended day here in southeast Michigan.

Enjoy these fine photographs, compliments of the Greatest Artist: God, who is the Creator of all things big and small; of the cute and cuddly, as well as the slimey and creepy! If you love God, you will love his creatures and respect them.

Now, I know this is a swallowtail butterfly of some kind, but I've been unable to identify it after looking online at several species of swallowtails. If you know for certain, drop me an email or a put something in the comment box for the benefit of others. It was the body that threw me since I could not find a swallowtail with that kind of line on the body.

Click on any photo to enlarge.








This fellow was marching along and I thought I would share his picture, as well. I have identified this caterpillar as one that will eventually emerge as an American Dagger Moth.


There is a pattern here. Whenever I try to get a picture of a bee at work, another bug decides to get in on the action. This time, it was another bee who landed on the flower as I snapped away.

If you enjoyed these photos, you may like the post I made yesterday, as well.

For those interested, I was using a 300mm lens fully zoomed about 10-15 feet away from the subject. I used various aperature settings (can't remember which was which), and ultimately settled on the Canon EOS 20D's sport-action setting in the end.

Te Deum Laudamus! Home