Monday, July 23, 2007

Photo Post 2: July 22, 2007 - A Butterfly in the Grotto Garden

I promised more photos from yesterday, which was a splended day here in southeast Michigan.

Enjoy these fine photographs, compliments of the Greatest Artist: God, who is the Creator of all things big and small; of the cute and cuddly, as well as the slimey and creepy! If you love God, you will love his creatures and respect them.

Now, I know this is a swallowtail butterfly of some kind, but I've been unable to identify it after looking online at several species of swallowtails. If you know for certain, drop me an email or a put something in the comment box for the benefit of others. It was the body that threw me since I could not find a swallowtail with that kind of line on the body.

Click on any photo to enlarge.








This fellow was marching along and I thought I would share his picture, as well. I have identified this caterpillar as one that will eventually emerge as an American Dagger Moth.


There is a pattern here. Whenever I try to get a picture of a bee at work, another bug decides to get in on the action. This time, it was another bee who landed on the flower as I snapped away.

If you enjoyed these photos, you may like the post I made yesterday, as well.

For those interested, I was using a 300mm lens fully zoomed about 10-15 feet away from the subject. I used various aperature settings (can't remember which was which), and ultimately settled on the Canon EOS 20D's sport-action setting in the end.

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

2 comments:

Peter Simpson said...

What beautiful photos. You are very good with the camera!

Diane said...

The credit belongs to God who is the Creator of the beautiful creatures and plants that happened to fall within my focus.

As I state in my post on Creative Commons licensing, I have no problems with people sharing these photos for personal use and on blogs. I just don't want them doctored or people using them to generate $$$.

I am considering ways to make these and other photographs available - framed and otherwise.