Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Pope John Paul II, a mysterious nun, and his sainthood cause

Many news agencies are reporting on this. Here is a link to the Reuters article.

Mysterious nun at heart of John Paul sainthood bid


The nun, whose identity is known to only a handful of clerics and doctors, wrote anonymously of her experiences in a magazine published by the Italian Catholic Church.

"I was losing weight day by day. I could no longer write and if I did try to, it was difficult to decipher. I could no longer drive ... because my left leg became rigid," she wrote.

She describes how she and her fellow nuns in her religious community prayed to the late Pope for her healing.

READ THE WRITING

On June 2, 2005, exactly two months after the Pope's death, she said she felt the sudden urge to pick up a pen.

"My handwriting was completely legible ... my body was no longer pained, no longer rigid ... I felt a profound sense of peace," she wrote.

continue reading at Reuters



How grand it is to have witnessed the lives of two people I consider saints: Pope John Paul II and Mother Teresa. They are both shoe-in's, in my humble opinion. We have so much to learn by their examples.



Source: Newsday Photos (click for more with purchase opportnities)