A prefect of one congregation and a member of four others.
"Promoted out" of the US?
Ok - let's count 'em...
- May 2008: Appointed as member of Congregation for Clergy; made a member of the Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts (he will be involved with authentic interpretation of canon law)
- June 2008: Appointed as Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura
- October 2009: Appointed a member of the Congregation for Bishops
- July 6, 2010: Appointed a member of the Congregation for Divine Worship
- July 24, 2010: Appointed a member of the Congregation for the Causes of the Saints
On 7 October 2008, Burke was appointed President of the Commission for Advocates, which is responsible for admitting the world's qualified canon lawyers to a registry of those who may practice in the Vatican's courts - a sort of bar association. This post is related, but secondary to and distinct from, his post as Prefect of the Signatura (source)Archbishop Burke is also a shoe-in to be named a Cardinal at the next consistory which is thought to take place anywhere from this fall to early spring of 2011.
'nuff said - LOL
ad multos annos, Excellency!
Edit July 28, 2010: Patrick Madrid has a good post up on this....
Edit Aug 8, 2010: Added +Burke's membership on Congregation for Clergy and Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts to the main list, and the note about his presidency of the Commission for Advocates.
Te Deum Laudamus! Home
The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.