Saturday, October 28, 2006

Adult Catechism with Fr. Perrone - Update!

I have gotten some feedback out of people wondering when the adult Catechism will take place that I mentioned in an earlier post. Keep in mind Fr. Perrone was out of the country the first two weeks of October, then brought a bug back with him. But, he is back to his usual pep.

Fr. Perrone writes in this week's bulletin:


"...I now go elsewhere to the delayed announcement of the adult instruction class for adults. I don't know how this escaped me sooner, but I know one factor was the already crowded evening schedule. Ah, if only I had one more day of the week. Every evening in fact is taken up with some activity or other. I have come to a solution that I hope will work for any who may be interested in becoming Catholic or who are just thinking about it.

Here's my proposal: Tuesday evenings from 6:00 until 7:00, beginning November 7th. This hour has the advantage of getting the attendees home earlier from th eclasses, but might also forbid attendance by those who must work late. Hard to find a perfect solution. Anyone interested in attending these classes either as a prospective convert or as an adult Catholic wanting deepen his faith may attend.

I ask that you call the rectory so that we can have the needed number of textbooks. This year I will use the most recently issued Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. If prospective converts cannot come at this hour, they should call to let us know and we'll see what other arrangements can be made to accomodate them.... "


Last year we had several families sit in. It's a great way for the family to brush up on the catechism together, in a specified time frame, with others learning at the same time.

If you like going to daily Mass, this time slot enables you to assist at the roughly 30 minute evening, daily Mass which starts at 7:00. It does not have the Latin or chant typical of the 7:30am and 8:30am daily liturgies, but works well for those who cannot find a morning liturgy compatible with their work schedule.