Thursday, February 14, 2013

Video: Pope Benedict XVI Meets with Clergy of Rome for Last Time



Pope Benedict XVI met, for the last time, as the Bishop of Rome, his priests.

I looked for full text, but it is not out yet, so I will link to it later.  Watch for a post edit.

There is much going on, including a press conference with Fr. Federico Lombardi right now.  I see a Twitter stream by the Catholic News Service coming from the conference as I write this, with quotes.  Click and scroll here: https://twitter.com/CatholicNewsSvc.  They will likely have a link to full text of the address given to clergy a little while later.

I prefer not to read news reports with select quotes. So many things are missed and a great address or homily is reduced to a few soundbites.  I understand he spoke to the priests in Rome about Vatican II.

Here is something I just found at Vatican Radio.  I'm not sure if it is full text.  I doubt it: The Second Vatican Council, as I saw it.  

If full text comes out later this morning, feel free to drop a link in my combox.


Jacquelyn Martin/AP



For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church;
it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!

- Diane M. Korzeniewski

Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.

4 comments:

Nick said...

Pope to Rome's priests: The Second Vatican Council, as I saw it

Diane Korzeniewski, OCDS said...

I saw that report earlier. I still don't think that is full text. Not when it says things like, "the Pope said." Those are, I believe, excerpts.

I am looking something that says, "full text" and does not include quotation marks of the Pope or commentary about what he said. Just the raw address. I'm sure it will make it's way out sooner or later.

Terry Nelson said...

Off topic. Something appears off with his right eye - I've noticed it in all the videos this week - it appears to be open wider than his left.

It may be my imagination working hard to comprehend things.

Diane Korzeniewski, OCDS said...

I've noticed it too, Terry, but previously, as well. Just not as bad.

We found full text for his address to clergy, but only in Italian right now. Hoping they come thru with translation. Don't want to use auto translator. And, look how long it is. I knew we were getting only a few snippets.

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/speeches/2013/february/documents/hf_ben-xvi_spe_20130214_clero-roma_it.html