|All eyes are on L'Osservatore Romano in the wake |
of an apparent leak of text that was under embargo.
Blogging canonist Ed Peters offers some thoughts on the latest fiasco at L'Osservatore Romano.
The continuing mess at L’Osservatore RomanoContinue reading Ed Peters on L'Osservatore Romano..... really. He drills 'em.
While many able others are scrambling to respond to the eruption over the pope’s remarks on condom use by male prostitutes, I want to ask a few questions about the occasion of this public relations fiasco, namely, the decision by L’Osservatore Romano to publish prematurely, out of context, and without commentary, the single most controversial paragraph of the pope’s book, Light of the World, in, if nothing else, apparent violation of the agreement in place between its various publishers concerning a coordinated release of the work.
|A head in the sand at L'OR?|
- The Vatican newspaper has betrayed the Pope (Phil Lawler/Catholic Culture)
- This is not soundbite theology (Bishop Finn/Catholic Key)
- Open, Disarming, and Inevitably Misunderstood (Archbp Chaput/First Things)
- Did the Holy Father really say it's ok to use condoms? - discusses Pope's private opinion ... must we agree? (Fr. John Boyle)
- Understanding the Pope's dilemma on condoms (Jimmy Akin/NC Register)
There is also the not-so-clear, clarification by Vatican spokesman, Fr. Federico Lombardi (no disrespect intended).
Te Deum Laudamus! Home
The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.