|Assumption Grotto Parish in Detroit on a Fall Night (November 20, 2010)|
Today was the second day in our 40 Hours Devotion. Upon learning that it would run until 9:00pm, I decided to go later in the day. I took my camera intending to capture what was going on inside the Church when I captured some outdoor shots.
FORTY HOURS DEVOTION UPDATE
|Grotto's pastor, Fr. Eduard Perrone, during Benediction |
at the 9:00pm end of Adoration for the day.
There has been a change this year to how the Forty Hours Devotion is being carried out. Fr. Perrone is using the 1962 Missal. This morning, he celebrated the Missa Pro Pace (Mass for Peace) at the Sacred Heart side altar in purple vestments - something we will all have to wait to see again until next year. This information did not make it into the bulletin, but should next year, because he plans on doing it again this way.
There is another change you will be interested in. The closing will be a solemn high Mass called a Mass of Deposition. There will be a Eucharistic Procession and the Litany of the Saints will be sung in Latin. Members of the Assumption Grotto Choir and schola will be singing this closing Mass at 3:00pm.
Of course, the ushers will be providing a pancake breakfast tomorrow, which ends at 2:00pm.
A few more photos for your viewing pleasure....
- 40 Hours with Jesus Christ (Fr. William Saunders)
- 40 Hours Devotion (Catholic Encyclopedia)
- St. John Neumann on 40 Hours Devotion (Air Maria)
- Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament (Fr. William Saunders)
- The ultimate resource page on Eucharistic devotion (The Real Presence)
- Pope Benedict XVI on the new "Eucharistic Sprintime" and St. Juliana of Cornillon (Zenit)
- See a post from St. John Cantius on their 40 Hour Devotion - Closing Ceremony (click the link at the bottom to go to the photographs - much liturgical eye-candy) NEW
Te Deum Laudamus! Home
The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.