Main Topic: Obedience
Among the things discussed:
- Is obedience something just for those who profess a vow or promise of obedience like religious, or priests?
- What about obedience in imitation of Christ? The saints?
- Obedience and the commandments; does obedience impact our ability to be chaste, or to practice the virtues?
- Examination of conscience, and formation of conscience: Do we have to know what the Church teaches?
- What is happening interiorly when we choose disobedience?
- What impact did Catholic education and catechetics have with the changes that came about in the 60's and 70's?
It only stands to reason that with the subject of obedience the discussion would flow nicely into the behavior of Catholic politicians whose legislative activities are supportive of abortion, euthanasia, embryonic stem-cell work, etc. Patrick and Archbishop Burke talk about the confusion there seems to be amongst the episcopacy on Canon 915. There is some discussion about EMHC's and how they might handle the awkward position: Should they give Holy Communion to known Catholic pols who present themselves and are publicly at odds with the Church and giving scandal? What ought they do in such a circumstance?
His Excellency also distinguishes between the different forms of excommunication, and other penalties.
begins today, July 7, 2010
Te Deum Laudamus! Home
The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!