It is an intriguing possibility -- especially in a climate of ecclesiastic intellectualism (and skepticism).
Lost in Space robot in warning mode: Danger! Will Robinson, Danger!
This article is even more incredulous. It is written by Stephen K. Ryan of "Ministry Values" (my comments bracketed in red)
Bishop Peric, now it seems, is not amused with the fruits of Medjugorje – to him they must be stopped.The same author just recently compared Bishop Peric to the bishop who had St. Joan of Arc burned at the stake
Now I am OK with that, really, as long as he has good reason for his decision. But, so far, from what I have read [on promoter sites], it seem it is a matter of he just doesn’t believe. [This guy is his own "pope".]
Well, I am not sure that is good enough for me. I need Bishop Peric to be our Dorothy, our Todo of the wizard of OZ. I need Bishop Peric to open the curtain and expose the phony wizard. I should hope by now, after twenty eight years, the Diocese would have all the smoking guns it needs. If they are going to say some negative things they should be ready to pull the curtain wide open. [He already has, it's just that people and promoter sites are placing feelings and experiences ahead of objective facts and truth!]
What we see here is the beginning of a battle for souls ahead of a "new direction for Medjugorje" as announced by Cardinal Puljic of the BiH bishop's conference.
Isn't it kind of interesting that those who are attacking Bishop Peric and the Church over Medjugorje have some kind of business which profits from it all?
- Medjugorje: Analysis of Spirit Daily article on "new direction" reported by Cardinal Puljic - Part 1
- Diocese of Mostar Duvno web-page on the Medjugorje phenomenon
- English page for Italian author Marco Corvaglia with many objective articles
September 26, 2009 Three-Part Statement of Bishop Ratko Peric
- Context of Medjugorje Phenomenon - Part 1: Bishop details Vlasic involvement, disobedience; and heresy by the "Gospa"
- Context of Medjugorje Phenomenon - Part 2: Bishop details oddity surrounding "gospa's" birthday.
- Context of Medjugorje Phenomenon - Part 3: Bishop makes public June 2009 letters to pastor and parochial vicar, listing prohibitions.
Te Deum Laudamus! Home
The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!