Saturday, January 12, 2008

Requiescat In Pace, my dear Godmother

Thank you all for your prayers, and for the emails of support.

My aunt, Janet, who is my Godmother, has passed away quietly, surrounded by family. My mother could only be there in spirit since she could not leave that skilled nursing facility she is in for rehab.

I was not there, but at home. I looked up at the clock, and knowing her time was close, realized it was the "hour of mercy", just minutes after 3:00pm. I proceeded to pray a Divine Mercy Chaplet to her, then received a call saying she passed away around that very time.

I do pray a Rosary daily, but do not always get in a Divine Mercy Chaplet, but it seemed so appropriate at this time to be praying on her behalf. I credit my guardian angel with prompting me at just the right moment. Those little thoughts that often come into our heads like that could be graces upon which we should act when they are ordered to good things. I'm glad I acted on that particular grace.

Requiescat in Pace, Janet.

Te Deum Laudamus! Home