Monday, January 7, 2008

Prayers for my Godmother, whom God is calling home

I will be breaking from blogging for a period of time.

As my mother is recovering in a skilled nursing facility, her sister - my Godmother - has been given just days to live. I will go there in the morning to break the news so she doesn't learn the hard way with an unexpected phone call.

There were 8 brothers and sisters in my mother's family before MaryAnn passed away several years ago, suddenly and unexpected, with a heart attack. My mother is the oldest and soon to be 76 in February.

Janet is a diabetic in her late sixties. Of the eight siblings, four are type-2 diabetics. There are many other diabetics in my family on both sides. Things just got out of control with regards to complications. She was put on dialysis last week in an effort to help her to receive, and flush, antibiotic for a severe infection, but she could not pull out of it. She has suffered much in the last few years, but has always been an optimist.

My mother's youngest sister said her husband was heading to the parish to get a priest.

Your prayers for Janet, her son, her siblings, and our extended family would be much appreciated.

I feel a need to step away from blogging to keep vigil, even if only in my heart when I can't be there near her.


Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.





Te Deum Laudamus! Home