Thursday, November 16, 2006

Requiescat in Pace - Our dear Bernie

In my desire to take a break from blogging, I stated that I would make an exception to time-sensitive items of local interest.

Long-time Grotto parishioner, and security guard, Bernie, has passed away at 2:00pm Thursday afternoon. He was never able to recover from emergency abdominal surgery many months ago.

Funeral arrangements are as follows:

K Schultz Funeral Home - Eastpointe (Gratiot & Toepher)
Sunday (will have to edit opening time)
Rosary: 7:00 PM Sunday at Schultz Funeral Home
In state at Grotto from 9:30-10:30 Monday
Funeral Mass: 10:30am Monday - Assumption Grotto

If anyone has any other details please email them to me or use the comment box. Feel free to also post your prayers, thoughts and appropriate stories related to Bernie in the comment box, as well. It's difficult to do this for every parishioner, but Bernie was well known to just about everyone!

I regret that he will not be with us for the 175th. However, for some reason, I think he will indeed be with us.

So devoted to the Blessed Mother, we pray:


Memorare
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known
that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help
or sought your intercession
was left unaided.
Inspired with with confidence,
I fly to you, O virgin of virgins,
my Mother.
To you I come, before you I stand,
sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen