Monday, November 27, 2006

Movie, "The Nativity" premieres in the Vatican

After seeing trailers of "The Nativity" online, I knew this was one movie I would not want to miss. Truthfully, I have not been to the theatre since I first came to Assumption Grotto on Pentecost of 2005, but this one will get me to go.

I first heard about it on Catholic radio. I had heard that when it premieres here in the US in a private showing on November 30, 2006, religious are expected to cram these viewings.

Here in southeast Michigan, I have heard that the Mary - Mother of the Eucharist Dominicans from Ann Arbor will be packing their whole order into the theatre, among others. In New York, ditto with Fr. Benedict Groeschel's order, the Sisters of Life, and the Missionaries of Charity. It will be interesting to see how the media portrays this unprecedented endorsement among some of the most orthodox Catholic orders out there.

Imagine all the habits that could be captured in one camera shot as they wait to get in!!! If anyone is at the right place at the right time with a camera, send me a pic or two and I'll post them.

At the blog of Fr. Zuhlsdorf in Rome, he discusses his viewing of it in the Vatican when it premiered last night.