Thursday, January 3, 2013

R.I.P. Bishop Moses B. Anderson, Retired Auxiliary Bishop of Detroit



I saw the news late last night, that retired auxiliary bishop for Detroit, Moses B. Anderson, had passed away. He was 84. He suffered cardiac arrest on New Years Day; or, shall we say it happened on the Solemnity of the Mother of God.   I'd like to hope that the Blessed Virgin Mary was with him in his final moments.  May she bring comfort to his family and friends.

I knew little about Bishop Anderson.  My only experience with him came at a Holy Trinity Apostolate Lenten Symposium in 2009 when he came to offer Mass in place of another bishop, at the last minute.  I thought it was generous of him to come on such late notice.  I recall thinking at the time that he offered a pretty good homily, especially given the circumstances.  I was taking pictures that day, and there are a few of him in the beginning of this gallery.  I had no idea he was in his 80's.  He seemed younger.




Here are some other resources offering background on Bishop Moses Anderson.  Please be sure to offer up prayers for the repose of his soul.  May he rest in peace.





For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church;
it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!

- Diane M. Korzeniewski

Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.