Monday, October 17, 2011

Interesting interview on organ project at St. John Cantius in Chicago


I am back from my silent retreat which was held in Chicago and offered prayers for you, my readers.  I regret that, once again, while in Chicago I did not have time to visit St. John Cantius.  I want to stop in on a weekend when I can take in several Masses and hear the various choirs.

Those interested in the comeback of classical sacred music in the Mass will want to watch this video out of St. John Cantius in Chicago.  You will get some behind the scenes look at what is involved with pipe organs in general and, some history about certain pipe organs.  Of course, they are embarking on a project which you might consider supporting in whatever way possible.  Whether you can help or not, the video is interesting.


Noteworthy, is that Assumption Grotto has one seminarian with the community at St. John Cantius.  Brother Matthew is the tall one below in the center, looking on as Fr. David Bechill was ordained at Blessed Sacrament Cathedral in Detroit this past September 14.  He was visiting when he learned of the ordination and came to offer prayers.








For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!
Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.