Monday, January 17, 2011

Interesting Catholic Reads for January 17, 2010

From the Te Deum Laudamus Photo Archive:
The baldacchino (canopy) of the Altar at Assumption Grotto

I regret that I have not had time to blog as much as I would like of late.  I have some items of a more spiritual nature I would like to blog on and will try to bring them to you soon.  There are so many websites and blogs which cover current events in Catholicism and I would like to try to shift more into indepth writings which will offer an alternative to some of the repetitive things found in other places. 

Please do take note of what is in my Twitter Feed by clicking the link at the bottom of these posts, or by viewing the feed in my sidebar.  Check it especially when I am not blogging.  If there is anything "breaking" you will find it there.  I update it several times daily on some days.  It is a mix of news and blogposts.

I hopet to find time to update my blog design to reflect the changing of seasons, but if the Christmas theme remains up until February 2nd, it won't bust my bubble.

Interesting Catholic Reads

New Ordinariate in England and Wales
The big news out there is on the new ordinariate for England and Wales under the name of Our Lady of Walsingham.  Three former Anglican bishops were ordained Catholic priests the other day.  Further reading:


Bishop Athanasius Schneider... again
The Karaganda, Kazakhstan auxiliary bishop is asking Pope Benedict XVI to consider putting out a document which condemns mistaken interpretations of Vatican II. See my post with links...

Married Permanent Deacons - can they or can't they....?
There is a bit of a dust-up out there surrounding what is in canon law regarding permanent deacons and continued marital relations after ordination.  Can they, or can't they? Tom Peters has a good summary of the debate out there with a load of links.

National Catholic Register changing ownership
Patrick Madrid blogs on the change in ownership coming to the National Catholic Register (not to be confused with the National Catholic Reporter - often referred to as "fishwrap" because of it's dissidency). The Register was picked up by the Legionaries of Christ which are undergoing changes in the wake of the scandal brought on by the disgraced founder, Maciel.

Fatima and Third Secret Controversy
Fr. Andrew Apostolis blogs about The Controversy Over the Third Secret of Fatima: 4 Objections and Responses....  Father has written a book: Fatima For Today: The Urgent Marian Message of Hope . If you find that interesting, I would encourage you to read Some Friendly Reflections for the Clarification of a Debate by "Fatimologist" Antonio Borelli.  It addresses some claims made in the book, "The Fourth Secret of Fatima" by Antonio Socci.

Liturgy
Fr. Z blogs on A new (really old) way of thinking about the ‘Our Father’ at Mass.

Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP shows pics of the before and after of a renovation of the Dominican Church of the Blessed Sacrament in Seattle.






For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!
Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.