Monday, December 31, 2012

Has the Church granted a "cultus" to "Our Lady of Medjugorje?"

A popular image found when searching "Our Lady of Medjugorje" on the web


On a blog I have dedicated to some analysis surrounding documents involving Medjugorje, I discuss whether we can find any indication that the Church has permitted a cultus, or a cult of devotion, to "Our Lady of Medjugorje" - a title often seen on websites and in comment boxes by those who support the alleged apparitions.

I don't permit comments on that blog as it is informational.  I will leave comments open here for discussion, after my analysis is read.  However, you MUST sign the comment, if using the anonymous option.  And, comment moderation is on so I will publish them as I have time.  If you want your comment published, don't say anything you wouldn't say in person, and state your position in a respectful manner.

Go read: Was a "cultus" permitted by the Church for "Our Lady of Medjugorje?"



For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church;
it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!

- Diane M. Korzeniewski

Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.

1 comment:

Nick said...

"Ignorance of the essential contents of the faith favour the growth of sects and the appearance of false prophets."

Cognitive bias, doctrinal errors, and the sin of duplicity aren't much of a help, either.

Our Lady of Good Help should not be confused with Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Our Lady of Good Success, Our Lady of America, or Our Lady of Guadalupe. Just a little clarification for the confused.