After several years of celebrating the EF Mass at Assumption Grotto, sheets containing readings have ceased printing in large quantities. However, visitors should check with an usher as a small number of them is printed for those who come and would not ordinarily have a hand missal.
A few notes about this slideshow video:
- This took place on Sunday, June 6, 2010. The Noon Mass was a solemn high in the extraordinary form, and it was an external celebration of Corpus Christi which fell on Thursday, June 3. It was an orchestra Mass: Haydn's Paukenmesse. The celebrant was Fr. Aidan Logan, O.C.s.o.
- The photos of the Mass are few and begin at the homily because I, the photographer, was also in the choir. I escape through the back of the risers in the back to get a few choice shots (shhhh... don't tell Fr. Perrone).
- Fr. Perrone was not celebrating because he was conducting the orchestra. He had just enough time to put on his cassock, surplice, and stole, and to grab his biretta.
- Immediately following the Mass, the annual Corpus Christi procession began around the grounds of the parish, to the altars set up by families.
- Regrettably, I did not have the right lens on for crowd shots of the roughly 250 who participated.
- I tried to find a nice Pange Lingua for the background music, or the sequence of the day, Lauda Sion. However, nothing was of the right length for what I had. Alas! I discovered the Sanctus in the Missa Pange Lingua by Josquin des Prez, which was nearly perfect in length, which is what you hear playing in the background.
If you liked this, you might also like a similar kind of video made of the annointing and benediction of the sick on Assumption Day. Only those who are properly disposed and eligible for the Sacrament are annointed, and confessions are available before hand. Most of those seen are quite ill or infirm.
For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog
Te Deum Laudamus! Home
The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.