Monday, December 27, 2010

Photopost: 2010 Christmas Midnight Mass...

Rev. Aidan Logan, O.C.S.O. Elevates the Chalice during the Solemn High Mass (1962 Missal)

I have a second photopost coming of something very special which took place after Midnight Mass in the parish Church.  Perhaps tomorrow I will have that up, so do check back.

With regards to photographing Midnight Mass, I am in the choir so the best I could do was to take a few photos from the risers in the back. 

This was an orchestra Mass (see details here with dates for remaining Masses featuring this music).  It was a Solemn High Mass in the Extraordinary Form with Cistercian, Rev. Aidan Logan as the celebrant and homilist (you may notice that he is wearing his cowl and not a biretta).  Fr. Logan, who also serves as a military chaplain, is a periodic visitor to Assumption Grotto.

Here are some photos I captured of the Mass, and a few of Fr. Perrone conducting.













 




More to come.....




For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!
Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.