Sunday, May 9, 2010

Thanks, Mom.... For the Gift of Life!

May all of the mothers reading this blog, have a blessed Mother's Day!


While many will honor their living mothers, many others will remember theirs, as I do today.  I am grateful to have had her for as long as I did.  But, I do really miss her. 

This is our first year without my mother, Rose, who passed away last June.  The last few years that she was alive, I had  made the habit of picking up a dozen Roses for her on my birthday with a note that simply said, "Thank you, Mom, for the gift of life!". 

Please say a prayer today for the many mothers out there who are thinking about abortion, or who have had abortions, regret them, and are now dealing with the scars.  So many have been convinced that it is nothing more than a blob of tissue. 

Of course, I couldn't pass up this parting shot on Mother's Day:




The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!