If anyone has more information on specific people listed, especially those who are not in the Catholic hierarchy, please drop a note in the combox or email me at TeDeumBlog@gmail.com. I am specifically interested in links to pages which would contain things like a curriculum vitae, or other hard data.
- Cardinal Ruini (Italy - Retired Vicar General of Rome - Commission President)
- Cardinal Vinko Puljic (Archbishop of BiH)
- Cardinal Josip Bozanic (Archbishop of Croatia)
- Cardinal Jozef Tomko (Slovakia - Retired Prefect: Evangelization of Peoples)
- Cardinal Julian Herranz Casado (Spain - Canon Law - Retired President: Pontifical Council - Legislative Texts; priest of Opus Dei - Note: Private audience with Holy Father on March 29, 2010)
- Archbishop Angelo Amato, SDB (Italy - Prefect: Congregation for the Causes of Saints - Noteworthy: Abp Amato signed the letter authorizing Bishop Peric to notify the public about the canonical sanctions against then Fra Tomislav Vlasic when he was the Secretary of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, stating: "...“Within the context of the phenomenon Medjugorje, this Dicastery is studying the case of Father Tomislav VLASIC OFM..." - Vlasic later requested to be laicized and it was granted. Archbishop Amato also was the one who informed the Bishops of Tuscany during their 2007 ad limina visit to read the 2006 homily of Bishop Peric and to share it with priests of their diocese so that the faithful may be enlightened).
- Fr. Franjo Topic (Croatia - Professor of Theology - President of CLA - has been on Ecumenical Council of the Bishop's Conference of BiH, Eastern theology, ecclesiology. Also listed in link found: History of science and religion, history and teachings of Islam. Also seems to be an expert in the history of Catholics in BiH - noteworthy statistic is that the Diocese of Vrhbosna (Sarajevo), Catholics are only half of what they were before the war of 1992-1995.)
- Fr. Mijo Nikić, SJ (Croatia - Professor of Psychology at the Jesuit Institute at the University of Zagreb)
- Sr. Nela Veronica Gaspar (Croatia - Professor of Theology in Rijeka)
- Fr. Szentmartoni Mihaly - (Serbia - Professor of Spirituality at the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome. You will find comments by Fr. Mihaly on mortification in an article authored by Cindy Wooden of Catholic News Service. I could only find it still online at National Catholic Reporter which is typically a dissident source I prefer not to link to)
- Fr. David Maria Jaeger, OFM (USA - Canon Law - Advisor: Pontifical Council of Legislative Texts)
- Salvatore Perelle (Vice Dean at the Marianum; professor of dogmatic theology and mariology)
- Msgr. Pierangelo Sequeri (Professor of fundamental theology in Milan)
- Fr. Zdzislaw Kijas Josef, OFM (Dean of the theological faculty of St. Bonaventure in Rome)
- Msgr. Tony Anatrella (Psychoanalyst - professor at the University of Paris and an adviser to the Pontifical Council for the Family)
- Prof. Dr. Achim Schütz (Germany - Secretary of Commission [?] - Lateran University in Rome)
- Krzysztof Nykiel (Poland - assistant/deputy to Achim Schütz - officer of Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith)
Rev. Fr. David-Maria Jaeger, O.F.M., J.C.D., is a former pastor of St. John Neumann Catholic Church in Austin, Texas and served on the Tribunal for the Diocese of Austin. He is currently a member of the faculty at the Pontifical Athenaeum "Antonianum" in Rome and is a member of the Delegation of the Holy See on the Bilateral Permanent Working Commission between the Holy See and the State of Israel. Born of Jewish parents in Tel Aviv, Israel, Fr. Jaeger is the only native-born Israeli ("Sabra") ordained as a Roman Catholic priest in the world.
Please pray for the commission members and the CDF which will make decisions based on their findings. Please pray also that people on all sides receive any decision out of the CDF with humility. It is not important who is right and who is wrong. What is important is truth in charity.
*4-15-2010: On Abp Amato - Updated link to read that Abp Amato signed the letter authorizing Bishop Peric to make public those sanctions in 2008. Added in link about Tuscan Bishop's memo several days ago.
Te Deum Laudamus! Home
The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!