Markus von Sheavicus:
Whether the Holy See will follow the trajectory begun Bishops Zanic and Peric (and the Zadar Declaration of 1991) and finally condemn the apparitions, or whether they will be approved in the end, many have forgotten that no Catholic is required to accept even *approved" private revelation.
And, the division is not just amongst the laity. While our bishops and cardinals have much more etiquette in discussing delicate topics such as "M", there is visible division even among them. One example, is the difference of opinion of Cardinal Schonborn, author of the CCC and member of the CDF ("My seminaries would be empty without Medjugorje") and Cardinal Saraiva Martins, former Prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of the Saints, and one who was close to Sr. Lucia ("There is no comparison between Medjugorje and Fatima").
With regards to the statement made by Cardinal Schonborn about seminaries, I would like to raise the question: Why rely on an alleged apparition - one which, at no level of the Church, has been officially deemed worthy of belief - to fill seminaries. Is it the alleged apparition which fills the seminaries? Or, is it the graces which flow from authentic expressions of the faith: Mass, Confession, Adoration, Rosary, fasting and other forms of mortification, as well as sermons which preach the fullness of the faith?
If these things are fostered enthusiastically, and generously by Cardinal Schonborn, his fellow bishops, and priests in Austria, his seminaries will fill well, and he won't be relying on a questionable apparition to do it for him.
EDIT: A comment left in the combox by "LoverofLife" prompted the Editor of The Hidden Side of Medjugorje to respond with a hearty rebuttal. That string of comments over several boxes was copied and pasted into a new post. I will shut down this comment box and ask for discussions to flow into that post.
See the post: Medjugorje: Louis Bélanger responds to comment...
Recent Interviews and Noteworthy Posts
- Medjugorje: Cdl Schonborn affirms private audience was about visit; acknowledges new Commission
- Cardinal Saraiva Martins offers opinion on Medjugorje in wake of Cardinal Schonborn's recent visit
- Mariologist Rev. Manfred Hauke: "If the Church does not, herself, finally lance the boil that is connected with Medjugorje, then anti-Catholic groups will do the job and with pleasure"
- The Questionable Games Surrounding the 'Great Sign' (Diocese documents trail of lies - some to the last Commission - and deception. Diocese: The greatest sign of all is that there has been no great sign.)
- September 26, 2009 Statement of Bishop Ratko Peric - Ordinary of Mostar-Duvno
- Other documents available in English at the Diocese of Mostar Duvno
Te Deum Laudamus! Home
The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!