Friday, September 25, 2009

If I have never read G.K. Chesterton...

Before I began blogging on Catholicism, I was not very well read. Now that I've been blogging for several years.....I'm still not very well read. I spend way too much time focused on current Catholic events and feel like I am really missing something by not dedicating some time each day to wholesome reading. In fact, I know I am missing something.

I enjoy reading about the lives of the saints. Their heroic virtue, and even moreso - their humble simplicity - offers lessons for every day living. But, I want to expand into other types of works. G.K. Chesterton came to mind, but I see that his works are various. He has written everything from stories to philosophical type works.

If you are a Chesterton reader, I would like to hear where you think I should start if I want to get introduced to his works Tell me why I should start there.

When I browse the selections I get dizzy wondering whether some things should be read in sequence. Should I go according to when they were written?

What say you?

Please note that there could be a delay in moderating, so bear with me. I'll try to moderate as time permits.

I may have more questions as answers come in. Hopefully, it will be informative for others who have never read Chesterton.


The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!