The beautiful gold chasuble, bearing the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (2006), awaits vesting by one of the priests. It is used at all four Masses by the celebrant on Assumption Day (6:30am, 9:30am, Noon, and 7:00pm).
Come to Assumption Grotto on Assumption Day. Don't let the fact that it is not a holy day of obligation this year, stop you from honoring the Blessed Mother. Archbishop Vigneron and concelebrants will have the evening 7:00pm Mass. Fr. Perrone will be conducting the Assumption Grotto Choir and Orchestra in Mozart's Coronation Mass. A candlelight procession will follow the Mass out to the Grotto (around 9:15), where hymns to Mary will be sung until around 10:00. Click here for further details, including info about parking (shuttle service will be provided).
- Fr. Perrone on humility, modesty, and pride
- Obama health care advisor on killing sick infants, children, and elderly (There is a boogie man in Washington and it's Ezekial Rahm - Obama's health care advisor. Must read!)
- Even Ed Koch is concerned with "Obamacare"
- Video: Man with handicapped son threatened following town hall meeting
- Weighing Medjugorje even more - Lessons for priests and bishops
- Upcoming movie about Leonie - the sister of St. Therese
- The Dominican Nuns of Summit and their excellent handcrafted soaps!
- White House Snitch Brigate? Go ahead - report me!
Catholic News and Blogposts:
- Cat out of the bag: Congresswoman admits Obamacare covers abortion (LSN)
- Catholic Charities refuses to oppose Obamacare (LSN)
- Palin firestorm brings fresh scrutiny to Obamacare "death panels" (LSN)
- Archbishop Charles Chaput: Health Bill will test "common ground" claim (CNA)
- Pope Examines Relatationship of Mary to Priests (CNA)
- Cardinal Rigali to Congress: Health Bill unacceptable without changes (Catholic Key)
- Belmont Abbey College in hot water over not covering contraception in health care (AmP)
- Assumption Grotto Mission (Aug 27-30, 2009)
- Call to Holiness Conference (Sat, Oct 10, 2009 - speakers include Bp Athanasius Schneider - author of Dominus Est, and Fr. Z!)
Te Deum Laudamus! Home
The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!