Monday, November 19, 2007

Orchestra Mass at Grotto: Sunday at 9:30

Actually, I should say it is this Sunday - the 25th and it will be in Tridentine form.

Next Sunday Assumption Grotto will be having an Orchestra Mass with the following:

Mozart Mass in C
K. 257 (Credo)

Mozart Tantum Ergo in D
KV 197

Mozart Sub tuum praesidium
KV 198

"Concertino im alten Stil" for Organ and Orchestra
by Karl Hoyer Op. 20


I will post more on this during the week. I have to run off to work!



Te Deum Laudamus! Home

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will this orchestral Mass on Sunday, Nov. 25 at 9:30am, be offered in the Tridentine form?

Do you know if there will be a Mass offered in the Tridentine form for Immaculate Conception on Saturday, Dec. 8? If so, what time?

Thank you.

Diane K said...

The 9:30am Mass on November 25th, will be a Tridentine, but Christ the King already passed in the Tridentine calendar. Originally, the Mass was planned for Christ the King but due to the complexity of music and how far ahead the feast day was in the old calendar, it had to remain on November 25th. The old calendar is observed for all Tridentine Masses

I do not have an answer for December 8th. It's possible Father hasn't thought that far ahead yet. He often takes one day at a time. As soon as I know, I'll post back here or in a new post on it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I am really looking forward to learning Father's plans for celebrating the Immaculate Conception, as it is a holy day of obligation on NO calendar this year even though it falls on Saturday, and I see that the feast day on TLM calendar is also Dec. 8. Have a friend who is not Catholic and would like to come with me.