Thursday, December 18, 2014

2014/2015 Christmas Season Schedule at Assumption Grotto

This blog has been neglected of late as I try to catch up with things around my own home now that I am on vacation.  I hope to blog more, soon, so do check back.  In the meanwhile, I want to share the Christmas season schedule at Assumption Grotto.  You can always visit http://assumptiongrotto.com to see what's happening too.  Also, when I am to busy to blog, you can often find me actively sharing quick thoughts and links on Facebook.  You can simply click "follow" for my public posts to see these things.  Also, I recently set up a Facebook page for Assumption Grotto, which is still in early development.  Do "Like" that if you are on Facebook.  And, if you didn't know it already, the Assumption Grotto Gift Shop and Book Store has had a Facebook page for some time.

First, here is the Orchestral Mass schedule for December 25, December 28, and January 4.

The flyer below, which is found in the December 21st Grotto News, gives a more complete schedule, including Confession. Fr. Perrone likes to use the word "Tridentine." Take a close look at each Mass you are wanting to attend and note that in some cases, the EF Mass moves from the usual 9:30 a.m. time-slot to the Noon.  When Fr. Perrone has an orchestral Mass at a Mass time other than 9:30, he most often shifts the EF Mass with it, and a Latin Novus Ordo or vernacular Mass will take it's place.

With regards to the 11:00 p.m. Mass on December 31st, it is a vigil Mass for the Solemnity of the Mother of God.  I've attended this most years, along with the pot luck dinner that follows around 12:30 a.m. New Years Day.  In all the years I attended, this was a Novus Ordo concelebrated by all priests who are on site that day.  This is subject to change.  I will try to find out if that is the plan this  year and update this post, so check back.








COMMENTS ON THIS BLOG HAVE BEEN DISABLED INDEFINITELY.

For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church;
it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!

- Diane M. Korzeniewski

Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.