Monday, November 14, 2011

USCCB Fall General Assembly is underway



It's been a favorite pastime of many Catholic bloggers: The USCCB Fall General Assembly.

The bishops of the US are meeting in Baltimore right now. Many are watching with interest.

I'm stuck on a netbook while my main computer is in for repair and I can't deal with how slow the clicks are taking online. Therefore, while i have a day off, I will not be tweeting and taking notes throughout.

If you are interested, I would encourage you to turn on EWTN right now if you have it. It is also being streamed online, and the USCCB is live-tweeting and on Facebook. Go here to see the many ways you can follow what the bishops are discussing. You can also see what is being voted on and how those turn out.

Here is the schedule:


Monday, November 14 Schedule
■Morning Session - 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (EST)

■Press Conference - 12:30 - 1 p.m. (EST



■Afternoon Session: 2 p.m. - 5 p.m. (EST)

■Press Conference - 5 - 5:30 p.m. (EST)



Tuesday, November 15 Schedule
■Morning Session - 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. (EST)

■Press Conference - 10:30 - 11 a.m. (EST

■Afternoon Session: 2 p.m. - 5 p.m. (EST)

■Press Conference - 5 - 5:30 p.m. (EST)

NOTE: All times are approximations, times may vary slightly from schedule.


COVERAGE ON TWITTER

Some are watching and tweeting important points. In fact, Bishop Christopher Coyne of Indianapolis has been live tweeting from the meeting itself. Below are some twitter feeds you might check on. If you have a Twitter account, just follow them. They are re-tweeting what others are offering, as well (rather funny to see the USCCB feed re-tweeting Bishop Coyne's tweets.  They can't keep up with this bishop who is a regular on Twitter, whom I recommend following for what he puts out each morning. 




Bloggers will have varying interests.  I recommend watching some major portals and visiting blogs that are highlighted there:



I thought Bishop Dolan had a very strong opening address.  There were some things I would like to revisit later and if I can find those points tweeted, I will re-tweet them, so look at my feed.

http://twitter.com/TeDeumBlog


UPDATES:

- Here is the full text of Archbishop Dolan's opening address at the blog of Rocco Palmo.  I'm not sure why the USCCB's page for this does not have a documents section where such things are uploaded once they are given.  http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/2011/11/kings-speech.html




For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!
Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.