Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Photos: Fr. Perrone conducting at Dress Rehearsal for All Souls Day Solemn High Mass



After the 7 pm Mass for All Saints at Assumption Grotto, Fr. Perrone held dress rehearsal for the choir and orchestra on the Faure Requiem which will be heard Wednesday evening for All Souls. There is a little surpise in the form of a pint-sized soloist.    It begins with a Solemn  High Mass (1962 Missal) at 7:00 pm, and there will be a catafalque.  Read Fr. Perrone's column from this past Sunday in a previous post.

Here are a few pics of Fr. Perrone conducting.  Usually I am singing and cannot take photos.  However, I did not rejoin the choir until this was well underway and decided to sit it out.  These photos will lack clarity and/or look grainy because it was dark and I didn't dare distract anyone with flash.  I had to go all the way to 1600 ISO.  I did not bring my tripod in with me.  The lights were on for the first few photos, and in the last one, the whole front of the church was dark.









For interesting news items I don't have time to blog on, check out my Twitter Feed: @TeDeumBlog

Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!
Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.