Most of the world, even many among those who are not Catholic or even Christian, recognize the heroic virtue of Mother Teresa. While there are people out there who are not happy unless they are unhappy, the focus today should be on the life of this great woman, Blessed Teresa of Calcutta. She was born on August 26, 2010.
Not everything is out yet, but here are some articles popping out this morning. I do offer an update on the disappointing Empire State Building's decision not to illuminate in her colors tonight.
- The world celebrates Mother Teresa (NC Register)
- Pope Benedict, Mother Mary Prema remember Mother Teresa for anniversary (CNA)
- Non-Catholic India Goes Big on Mother Teresa Centenary (NC Register)
- ‘Do ordinary things with extraordinary love’ (NC Register)
- Mother Teresa at 100 (NC Register - exclusive interview with postulator)
- Mother Teresa vs. the Empire State Building (WSJ)
- Catholic League notice for rally at 6:00pm tonight in front of Empire State Building
And, EWTN has some programming coming up...
A Day With Mother Teresa.
Fri. August 27 at 3 AM & 6:30 PM ET
These talks by Mother Teresa were given in Chicago, IL in 1981, at a conference sponsored by Institute on Religious Life. In a question and answer forum questions ranging from the details of her order to her opinions on the state of the Church
Te Deum Laudamus! Home
The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.