(with plenty of photos).
Stay tuned tomorrow...
The Catholic blogosphere's favorite past-time is underway as anticipation grows that Pope Benedict XVI will name Cardinals in a consistory tomorrow. It gives the men, and the tailors making their new red garbs until Christ the King on November 30, 2010. Archbishop Raymond L. Burke is considered a shoe-in. I will let you read other speculations about what will take place on these shores and abroad in the links below.
I may get to post the names before leaving tomorrow morning, if it appears on the Bollettino, but if not, I will leave you with a few places to watch for news, posts, and the ever lively comboxes.
I will be unable to blog on this tomorrow beyond anything that is available veerrrryyy early, so I am going to leave you with some links to existing "pre-game" shows, and some places to watch tomorrow.
'RED HAT" PRE-GAME SHOW NEWS & BLOGPOSTS
- Hints of "Dawn" (Whispers in the Loggia)
- Pope expected to name new cardinals tomorrow (Catholic Culture)
- Edward Pentin (UK Catholic Herald)
- Italians expected to figure strongly in new cardinal list (Irish Times) [not sure I necessarily agree with this, but we will know in about 10 hours from now. See an interesting footnote below...]
- Noteworthy: Nothing on PaddyPower ;) [It was just too risky with all those Italians expected to squeeze out the Irish]
Footnote: Back in August when a number of people thought the consistory would not come until spring because more Cardinals are expected to turn 80 in the coming months, at which time they are not eligible to vote in a Papal conclave. Ed Peters pointed pointed out some interesting stats and played with a few other numbers which had me wondering whether we would see the number of Italians shrink.
On that note, here are some interesting pages to find current and historical facts about bishops, dioceses and more at Catholic Hierarchy:
Te Deum Laudamus! Home
The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!Note: The recommended links below are automatically generated by the tool, so they are not necessarily related content.