Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lots of news; no time to post

I regret that I have been unable to do much blogging of late. Stuff happens, and lots has been happening in my small world that will not allow me to get much blogging done. My huge backlog of audio, video and photo work has gotten bigger since I have not had the time to process much.

Perhaps soon. I pray the Good Lord will give me time, until then, I highly recommend you check out some of the hot topics being discussed out there. Once again, I am watching the news, but I am unable to write on it, and haven't even had time to twitter.

Noteworthy events:

There is a 4-day mission going on at Assumption Grotto right now. I went tonight. I don't think I will make it tomorrow night. It continues Saturday and Sunday. I have to take one day at a time with some responsibilities that have fallen on me of a time-sensitive nature. See details of the Mission here.

Saturday, September 5th, there is a Memorial Mass for Servant of God, Fr. John A. Hardon, SJ out at the Colombiere retreat center.

Labor Day Weekend (Sunday): Andrew Rabel, Australian correspondent for Inside the Vatican magazine will be at Assumption Grotto to give a talk on a newly canonized Carmelite saint from Portugal - St. Nuno de Maria Alvares Pereira, O. Carm. Andrew's talk will be Sunday, September 6, 2009 around 1:45pm which gives everyone a chance to participate in the Eucharistic procession following Noon Mass, with Rosary and Benediction. And, to pick up a hot dog or hamburger at the Grotto-grill ahead of the talk. See the flyer here for more about St. Nuno and the talk.

And, the Helpers of God's Precious Infants will be having their next vigil on the 19th of September at St. Basil the Great Catholic Church in Eastpointe. It will be led by Bishop Flores! More to come in this.

Did I miss anything? How about adding upcoming events at Grotto and for Grotto-goers in the combox. It might take me 10-12 hours before I can moderate comments.

Now, about that news I was talking about. Go visit these blogs & sites and scan the subject lines:





Te Deum Laudamus! Home

The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!