The most popular picture, thus far, of Archbishop Timothy Dolan, taken at Vespers last night on the eve of his installation in New York (Reuters).
I've not been posting much due to the fact that I have not been home much these last few days, and when I was home, I had to work on a growing backlog of media which needed editing.
I regret not being able to cover some things happening out there that are of great interest. Even though I do not have time to post on them, I am quite aware because I do my usual scans of certain sources. This is why I urge people to use multiple sources if you want to keep up on Catholic news. Much of it gets repetitive anyway. I hope to provide some different things here rather than just repeat what you can find on dozens of other great Catholic blogs.
First, check out my photos from the Triduum in Extraordinary Form at Assumption Grotto if you have not yet seen them.
Second, I want to point out once again in passing, that the Helpers of God's Precious Infants next quarterly vigil is coming up quick, on April 25th, and will begin at St. Edmund's in Warren (12 Mile Rd, just east of Schoenherr). I will post the flyer with details on this in a day or two. On a related note, there is now a Helper's of God's Precious Infants of Michigan group in Facebook.
Thirdly, this Sunday is Divine Mercy Sunday and Grotto will once again have an orchestra Mass, this time at Noon. It will be followed by Exposition until 3:00 with devotions. The ushers will be having a pancake breakfast that afternoon, until 2:00pm. So, come, and stay a while. I believe Fr. Perrone has moved the EF (aka "tridentine") Mass to the Noon hour to go with the Orchestra Mass.
Lastly, I want to direct you to some interesting coverage. Check out these newslinks and blogposts:
Let's look first at coverage from New York today and yesterday:
- Fr. Z has a podcaZt up of Abp Dolan's Homily.
- Scroll to see significant coverage of Timothy Dolan's installation as the 10th Archbishop of New York City at Whispers in the Loggia (and if you find this post later, you will want to click on the archives for April 2009 and scroll)
- Scroll at the blog of Tom Peters, the American Papist who was also in New York City covering Archbishop Dolan's installation. Give him a little time to catch up with himself. Tom will be making a post on his experience soon - he is currently traveling back to DC.
Now, on to some other news...
- Scranton Diocese Press Release: Initial Response from Colleges Insufficient onStudent Health Services InformationApril 9, 2009
- Homeland Security Targets Abortion Opposition as Warning Sign of "Rightwing Extremism" (LSN)
- Notre Dame: The Randall Terry Show... (The Catholic)
- When pro-life activists harm the pro-life cause (Phil Lawler)
- Dr. Edward Peters: Fr. Jenkins discovers Canon Law. Not!
- Archbp. Dolan on Notre Shame: engage but don’t honor (Fr. Z)
- Doug Kmiec again - worse and worse (Fr. Z)
- South African archbishop wants greater reverence in liturgy (Catholic Culture)
- ‘Constructive dialogue’ on Obama invite no longer possible, ND president tells students (CNA)
- Jesus' Resurrection was a 'real historical event,' Pope proclaims (CNA)
Te Deum Laudamus! Home
The obedient are not held captive by Holy Mother Church; it is the disobedient who are held captive by the world!